I am positively pleased as punch to
brag about announce that I have been nominated for the Liebster Blog Award by the lovely and talented Barefoot but in Stilettos! Fabulous, right? But what the hell is it? Here is the blog post by my fabulous nominator: http://barefootinstilettos.wordpress.com/2013/03/20/liebster-blog-award. I also did a bit of digging on my own and found that there are several variations on the “rules” for this award, such as this:
Nice! You’ve gotta love the sense of community amongst the blogging community.
Okay, so here goes…
The 11 questions I’m being
forced asked to answer:
1.What’s the story behind your blog? Was it conceived on a glass of wine, after years of preparation or something else?
Honestly, this blog has been a few years in the making. When a girl gets told on several occasions that she should be writing a blog…well, it gets the gears turning. I tried multiple times to get a blog up and running, but always seemed to get bogged down in the details of creating the damn thing. I’ve finally gotten to a point where I’m happy with allowing my blog to evolve naturally, instead of having a strict game plan.
2. What is your favorite blog that you have written to date?
Well, there have only been five. I’m not sure that I have a clear favorite, though my first, Because I’m the Momma, That’s Why, has a special place in my heart.
3. If you had all the time and money in the world, how would you spend them? (My FAVORITE question to ask people…)
Travel, travel, and…more travel!!! I have a wandering spirit, who sadly, is trapped in the suburbs. Infinite time and funds would allow me the luxury of dragging my family across the world.
4. Is your blogger a secret obsession or are all of your friends and family in the know?
There are a select few friend and family that I let in on my new obsession. I won’t let my husband read it though. I’m afraid I’ll censor myself if he reads it. Maybe someday I’ll give him the go-ahead.
5. If a PICTURE could describe your current mindset, or a mindset you had today, what would it be?
Who am I kidding? This is me every day.
6. Give us a glimpse as to what kind of kid you were…
Frankly, I was a mess. Awkward, sad, unpopular and very, very lonely…it wasn’t good. But, I truly believe that my craptastic childhood made me the spectacular creature I am today.
7. What is the goal of your blog? For example, would you like for it to grow over the years or are the option of creating another exists and this could be temporary?
I would looove for my blog to grow, as I crave attention and validation through the acceptance of others.
8. Flats or stilettos? (I had to)
Flip-flops, darlin’. Always.
9. A million dollars must be spent in 24 hours… how would you accomplish it?
Ack!!! Way too much pressure. I’m sure I’d completely fuck this up and have all of the money taken back.
10. Do you have a dream pet? And it is…
Dream pet? Is there an animal that cleans up after itself?
11. Last book you read and enjoyed was…
Seriously…funniest book ever. The Bloggess never fails to amuse.
So, this is the portion of my little award’s ceremony where I get to pass the Liebster torch to a few fellow bloggers that I think are
cool talented and worthy of such prestige. Turns out, it ain’t easy to find 11 blogs that meet the criteria of having less than 200 followers, and that I enjoy reading. I’m sorry…this may make me a blog snob. Anywho, I’m changing things up a bit.
And now, without further ado, I would like to nominate the following blogs for the prestigious Liebster Award:
Extreme Mom – Funny, funny lady. I love a momma I can relate to.
Snoozing on the Sofa – Parenting dad-style. Who doesn’t love a guy who’s slightly creeped out by his kid?
don of all trades – Part dad blog, part midlife crisis = shooting beverages out of your nose
Diary of a MadMama – Her fashion do-overs appeal to my crafty side.
Yeah, there’s only four nominees. Sue me.
Now, dear nominated bloggers, here are your questions:
1. If you were a super hero what powers would you have?
2. What is your earliest memory?
3. Tell me about your last vacation. Make it good, I’m living vicariously.
4. Is your blog shaping up to be what you envisioned when you started?
5. What is your beverage of choice?
6. Who is your ideal reader?
7. What is your favorite well-read (over 1,000 readers) blog?
8. Favorite author?
9. If you could go out and purchase any one item, what would it be?
10. What is the bravest thing you’ve ever done?
11. What is the one thing you cannot live without?
Okay, nominees, go forth and spread the love! I look forward to reading and growing with all of you!